Tuesday, April 2, 2019

WIPocalypse March Update

Wow, hard to believe it's April already!  Spring has got to be coming pretty soon, and I can't wait.  Well, I got quite a bit of stitching done in March, so maybe winter and cold weather have their good points, lol.  So here are my progress pictures on my various WIPs.
After finishing the Thistle colorway of the Broken Star pattern in February, as planned, I started a second colorway, Carnivale, on the same piece of 16 count Rustico aida fabric.  As you can see, I didn't get a ton done, but I'm happy that this one is started.  The Broken Star pattern is fun to stitch and it's one of those where you don't have to look at the printed pattern every second, so great for doing while watching TV.

I am also happy to say that I made a wee bit of progress on my Little Sheep Virtues piece.  I managed to get the border of the sixth virtue finished, plus some of the sheep and surrounding scene.  I've decided I'm going to try to work on this on at least a few days each month, to keep it moving along.

You can probably tell that this is the piece that I worked on the most in March.  This is Polish Folk Heart by Artecy, and I'm doing it on 32 count cream Jobelan.  The colors are fantastically bright and vibrant and it's just a super fun project to stitch.  It's big, though -- I'm maybe between a fourth and a third finished, so lots to go.


And this is my new start, one I'd planned on but forgot to mention in my initial post.  It's a wedding piece, but I'm actually stitching it for an anniversary.  I'm stitching it on 16 count Ocean Kiss aida with white DMC thread.  The fabric is a sort of grey blue, and very pretty in person.  At first I wasn't sure there was enough of a contrast between the white floss and the fabric, but I have enough done now that I feel like I can fairly judge, and I think it will be fine.  At some point I'll choose a red for the two birds.

Finally, I had to share this as it's a piece I had framed in March.  This is Tyler's Lion from Long Dog Samplers.  It's one of my favorite pieces I've ever done, and I think it looks so great framed.

So that's my stitching progress for March.  The question for this month is, what new designers have we discovered lately for patterns or other projects?  Hmmm.  As you can probably tell, I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to cross stitch -- I do a lot of samplers and things like that.  So I'm probably not the person to ask this question of!  BUT I will say that I consider Alessandra Adelaide a "newer" designer and I absolutely adore her stuff.

Til next month, happy stitching, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment