Sunday, March 16, 2014

WIPocalypse March Update!

Greeting fellow stitchers!  Wow, hard to believe it's time for the March WIPocalypse update already!  This last month has gone fast, but I've gotten quite a bit of stitching done.  It's still cold and snowy where I am, and that helps.

First, I have a finish!  This is Albero Felice, by AAN.  I stitched it on antique white 32 ct. Belfast linen.  I just love how this came out.  In fact, I like it so much that I bought the pattern to stitch a companion piece.  I thought they'd look great framed together.  I have the fabric and floss for the companion piece, too, so maybe I'll start on that in the coming month.


Next is a new start.  I mentioned last month that I have a milestone anniversary coming up this summer, so I decided to do a commemorative anniversary piece.  This is what I chose -- it's by Ellen Mauer Stroh.  I love the lacy look of the winter white border and, looking at the floss that I've gathered,  the colors in the roses are just gorgeous! 


Here is my start on it:


I'm doing it on light mocha linen, and I like the subtle contrast of the border thread color.  One problem with this project, though -- the symbols on the chart don't match the floss key AT ALL.  It's like they decided after printing the key to use completely different symbols.  The shop I bought the pattern at is awaiting word from the designer on this (I found nothing about the issue online), but I was able to start anyway since it was pretty obvious what the border color was supposed to be!

Next up is Tyler's Lion, my huge historical sampler.  It is really hard to get the whole thing in a picture, so I photographed just the part that I worked on this past month, which is that huge center house and trees motif.  I just need to finish that fence on the right side and that motif will be done.

Finally, since finishing Albero Felice, I pulled out Liza's Bouquet and I have been working on that for the past couple of weeks.  Here is my progress :



I LOVE working on this piece, because it is so colorful and fun that it just cheers me up to work on it.  As you can see, though, it's a fairly complicated and dense design, so it's one that I have concentrate on.  This design is by Ginger & Spice, and I'm stitching it on 14 ct. white Aida using 3 strands of floss because I wanted really full coverage.  I have been working on this particular flower the last couple of days, so thought I'd show a close-up:


Isn't that flower the most beautiful thing?  It just comes alive under my needle.

Well, that's the progress on the projects I worked on this past month.  As the March discussion topic, Measi suggested that we talk about our "stitching spot" and include a photo.  Well, here's mine, excuse the mess:


 I stitch in a chair in the living room so that I can be with the family when possible.  You can't see it in this picture, but I have a floor light right by the chair, and I keep my current projects and paraphernalia on top of that table.  I've got a pair of reading glasses there, as well as pencils and highlighters, a pencil sharpener, my home phone as well as a little speaker-stand that holds my mobile phone, and the coaster is for my omnipresent cup of coffee.  I like to listen to classical music while I stitch, and I can plug my phone into that little speaker and enjoy my music.  I have a lot of my music in the Amazon Cloud Player -- love that thing!

The contraption on the chair arm is a combination pincushion and trash bag.  I love this thing.  I keep a bunch of needles in the pincushion and then there is a magnetic strip right there that holds my embroidery scissors.  Under the table is a biggish basket that holds other projects, a couple of floss boxes, and things I may need soon but that I'm not using at the moment.

Til April, then -- happy stitching!







10 comments:

  1. Such wonderful progress this month! Your stitching spot looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! I love stitching on bright colored projects as they do cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great. I love those bright colors -- so cheerful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful stitching♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wips are all great and i just love the AAN - great colours in it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your AAN finish and it's great that you found a companion piece for it to work on next! Liza's Bouquet is gorgeous! Your stitching spot looks very comfy. Is it a recliner so you can put your feet up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching! I love your AAN finish. Her designs are so fun and different from any other designers out there. I stitched her Maple Leaf last year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all beautiful, but I especially love the first one and the historical sampler! I love your chair too. It looks so cozy!
    You commented on my blog about Bucilla kits- My only problem with them is that the floss is not labeled and many of the colors are very similar. I usually end up converting the Bucilla colors to DMC colors and using that to figure out and label the floss. It's just a lot of extra work. I've done three of their kits and they were all like that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Albero Felice by AAN. So colourful!
    Totally forgot about the question part LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a nice comfy stitching spot! Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete