Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Layouts


Just wanted to share a couple of layouts that I did this weekend. Seems like I have been working on a lot of special projects in the past couple of months, including keeping up my Project 365 album and doing three small baby albums, so I confess that it had been awhile since I'd scrapped any pages for my regular old family albums. Finished both of the above layouts at my scrapbook group's crop this past Friday night, and boy did that feel good! I've always been one of those people that, the more I scrapbook, the more I WANT to scrapbook, so hopefully getting these two layouts done sparked my mojo.

Love the Halloween Parade layout! That's my little guy in the photo on the left, in the green metallic alien costume. I made that costume a number of years ago when my older son was 8 or 9, and what I remember most is that sewing the alien head was quite an ordeal! The head is actually oversized and has stuffing in the top, and I had to buy some special black fabric for the eyes, too. Oh, and the costume has boot spats that fit down over the shoes, as well. The layout uses my all-time favorite paper line, KI Memories. These papers are from their Halloween line from several years ago -- you can't even find them anymore. There are SOOOOOO many KI papers that I would just love to have more of -- these Halloween papers, the Grateful line (autumn colors and Thanksgiving theme) and all of the Colorful line. The glittery 3-D postage-stamp shaped stickers are from the Michael's dollar bins. I've found some of cutest embellishments in those bins! I cut the title using the Quickutz Nutmeg font, one of my newer font purchases. I like it because it's a nice in-between size, not too big and not too small, and it has just enough flourish.

The Scout page was fun because I ended up playing around with a sheet of rub-on stitches made by Die Cuts With a View. I do stitch on my pages for real, using a sewing machine, but rub-on stitches are great for taking to crops, or when I'm just too lazy to sit down at the sewing machine. This particular sheet of rub-on stitches was all primary colors, and the various colors went perfectly with my background paper. I own a whole set of rub-on stitches (like, 12 sheets of them in all colors and patterns), and I hate to say it, but this was the first time I've used them! It won't be the last -- they went on very easily (but not too easily), didn't break or lift off, and they look great. The scalloped border is thin chipboard that I painted with white craft paint.

It's cold here today, so I have split pea soup with ham in the slow cooker for dinner, and I'm planning to make Grandma's Cornbread to go along with it. I'm going to try to post a recipe or two this week, but in the meantime, keep warm, and Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment